Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Baby's room



The room is finally coming together. After much begging and pleading on my part, John finally finished painting the room yesterday with Steven. They also moved the dresser into the room and later John and I put together the crib and glider. There was some cursing from John during the assembly of the crib and at one point, I was instructed to bring him a beer. For those of you who know John, you will know that his patience level is not high with things that don't work quite right. Luckily, the crib was put together with only a minor meltdown and the glider was put together very quickly with no issues. We don't really have any decorative stuff up yet and the walls are still bare. Hopefully, the decorating part should be easy now. However, I did make him a little name decoration. It doesn't look perfect, but it was made with love by his mother, so that is all that matters! Also pictured in the top photo is a handmade blanket on the back of the glider that I received from my manager's mother. She specially made it for our little munchkin! I was so touched that some that that I have only met a couple of times actually took the time to make a beautiful blanket for our son.

Apparently, putting the room together finally made John realize that our little guy will be here before we know it. This morning, I was instructed that we must install the carseat and get it inspected very soon. I am glad to see that John is finally realizing that we dont' have that much time left!

3 comments:

The Meyer Family said...

It is so cute. That glider will become your new best friend soon. I can't wait to see all the baseball stuff up in there:) WOW, 1 month to go.

Nikki and Bill Weiland said...

Very cute. I can not beleive he is coming in less then a month. We got a little something for cole (john) for the babies arrival

*mar* said...

I love the name thingy! :) He's coming so soon!! :) Hopefully we'll get the little gift out in the mail before Cole get here!