Friday, September 26, 2008

14 days and counting....

So today officially marks 2 weeks until the estimated due date. Of course, he technically could come at any time now. I am getting increasingly more uncomfortable, but not quite at miserable yet. My back pain is definitely increasing, probably because I am completely front-heavy now. Add to that my incredibly attractive swollen feet and ankles, and I have definitely moved into uncomfortable mode. John laughs at my fat old lady "cankles". A few weeks ago, we saw a very large woman in the Walmart parking lot and I said to John "Look at her ankles. Mine look just like hers!" It was quite horrifying to say the least. Even my doctors seem mystified at my swelling, but since my blood pressure is so good and I already drink a ton of water, they say that there is nothing medically wrong with me and I will just be uncomfortable. Not really a comforting thought...

Last week we had the carseat installed in my car by some very nice firemen. We had a couple of people ask why we didn't just do it ourselves, but I have heard from multiple sources that approximately 80% of all carseats are installed incorrectly, so I figured why bother trying to do it ourselves when the fire department will do it correctly for free? We didn't have the base for John's car yet, so I am taking that in next weekend to be installed. Yes, even John's precious Lexus will become baby friendly!

John had a long discussion with Cole last night about how he should arrive no earlier than October 9th due to the World Series schedule. If the Cubbies can make it that far, John wants to be able to go to at least one game (not at Wrigley, due to extreme costs) and will already be off of work for two weeks for "paternity leave". You can only imagine my high levels of pride for my husband during this discussion. (sarcasm intended) Apparently John feels that Cole's arrival is even remotely within my control as he also recently informed me that it would be more convenient for him if I could go into labor during the day rather than at night. Sure thing, I'll see what I can do!

Well, that's it for now. I will keep you posted as Cole's arrival is just around the corner!

2 comments:

The Meyer Family said...

It's funny how I can hear John saying these things as you describe the conversation:) Get that hospital bag packed, it could happen any day now, let's just hope you're not at the grocery when your water breaks:)

Daydreaming, tree hugging human named lindsey said...

Oh John and his schedule. God forbid you go into labor while the cubbies are playing! Your hospital room tv would be on for sure. Our men and their priorities. I cannot wait for the day that he graces us with his presence! You're doing a wonderful job Laura. And yes, I will agree that swollen ankles are just not the most attractive things in the world. We women deserve awards. :)