Thursday, July 3, 2008

99 days and counting....



Apparently, today we have officially 99 days until this baby is due. I cannot believe how quickly this is going by. Little Cole is going to be here before we know it and we still have so much to do. We haven't even begun to start the babies room yet, but John has assured me that we start in the next few weeks. The first thing that we have to do is get rid of the guest bed in there. Luckily, I believe we have a taker. Then we have to replace the carpet, which you can see from the picture has been "altered" by the dogs. I am fairly certain that is frowned upon to have exposed nails in a baby's room. We did order our furniture a little over a month ago, but for some reason it is going to take 10-12 weeks to get it in. I don't know if they are planning to whittle it or what.


One thing that we do already have it the bassinet. I have been lucky enough to get a family heirloom one. Cole will actually be a third generation baby, as both my father and I used it when we were babies. It's about 65 years old and has been used by about 40 or 50 babies since then. For safety reasons, it has had to be rebuilt a few times over the years, but it is adorable and I can't wait to see our little guy in there. I have two "concerns" with the bassinet. One is that Ryno is tall enough to actually peer inside, so I think he will be obsessed with watching the baby while he is in there. Two, I am quite certain that our cat, Sammy will decide that it is a perfect place for her to nap out of sight of the dogs. Ah, the adventures of owning crazy animals...

No comments: