Monday, July 21, 2008

The Dark Knight

If you haven't gone to see the new Batman movie, "The Dark Knight", I highly recommend it. John and I went on Saturday and it was by far the best Batman movie ever made. Of course, it really could only go up from George Clooney in "Batman and Robin." Christian Bale is a fantastic Batman (plus it doesn't hurt that he is easy on the eyes) and Heath Ledger's performance was amazing. I had read a bunch of reviews before and everyone was talking about how Heath's performance as the Joker was Oscar-worthy. Personally, I thought his first few scenes were decent, but not fanastic, so I was a bit concerned that his performance was going to be over-rated. However, as the movie went on, his performance as the Joker got darker and more amazing. Michael Caine is wonderful as Alfred the butler and adds a nice humor element to the otherwise pretty dark movie. That's my two-cents. If anyone else saw it, what did you think?

No comments: