Monday, March 16, 2009

Out of town guests











For the past three weekends, we have had houseguests. Luckily, they have all been lovely guests, so it was lots of fun. We started off with Martinique coming down to visit for an audiology conference, so I got to spend all day Saturday and part of Sunday with her. She got to spend lots of time with the little man and I am pretty sure that I was able to hear her biological clock ticking (watch out Keith!).

The following weekend, our friends Brian and Ashley came down from Colorado with their daughter Ainsley. She is just the sweetest, most well behaved child. She loved Cole and always wanted to talk to him and help feed him. We told her a couple of times that it was her turn to change his diaper, but she wasn't having any of that. While they were here, we went to a Cubbie spring training game, had a bbq, went to the zoo and made it to dinner at the infamous Uncle Sal's. Whew!

This past weekend, my mom came into town and she was in full "Grandma mode". She got to babysit him while I was at work on Friday until I got home around 2pm. She swears that he was a perfect angel the whole time. While she was here, we went to see the Chilhuly exhibit at the Desert Botanical Garden, went shopping, hit another spring training game and just hung out with Cole. I know that she was sad to leave him, but is already planning her next trip to visit.

1 comment:

The Meyer Family said...

Ainsley misses Cole so bad. She talks about him all the time and then says, "I really miss Arizona" :)