Monday, November 24, 2008

The Grand Canyon














Last week, we took our first road trip with Cole to the Grand Canyon. Grandma Laura came out to visit as well last week, so she was able to join us on the trip. The Grand Canyon is certainly spectacular. Everyone has seen it in pictures and on TV, but there is no comparison to seeing it in person. I don't think you can really appreciate how large and beautiful it is unless you seen it in person. Cole was great while we were sight-seeing. He actually stayed in his wrap carrier the whole time and just napped, so essentially he missed the whole thing. Because it was freezing cold up there (it actually hit 18 degrees in the morning, but reached the mid-60's in the afternoon) we put him in some adorable fuzzy jammies. As you can see from the picture, he didn't seem to much like the fuzzy white suit, even though he looked adorable. It even had cute little ears on the hood!

4 comments:

Nikki and Bill Weiland said...

It looks beautiful

The Meyer Family said...

What a great family picture:) not to mention you look GREAT after just having a baby:)

Dream Lenz Photography said...

oh he is getting so big and I feel like I'm missing all of it! I can't wait to hear about your trip this weekend. (hopefully) Larz is all better now so we can come out and play! I miss him. ):

Unknown said...

Hello Laura and John,
I can see that you have been i Grand Canyon. It is really afantastic place, isn´t it. I was lucky to visit GC 1963 when I was over visiting Thord. I went there by Grayhound busses. It is the most fantasic I have ever seen. It can not bee so far away from where you are living? Have a nice time.
Uncle Rolf