Tuesday, November 4, 2008

5k Race














On Sunday, John ran in a 5k race to benefit pancreatic cancer research. For those of you who don't know, John's father, Urban passed away from pancreatic cancer in 2005. Last year, we discovered this 5k race and decided to do it every year. Pancreatic cancer is the 4th leading cause of cancer deaths in the US, yet it receives the least amount of federal funding for research, so it is important to us to participate in events like this. While I wasn't able to run this year, Cole and I did attend the event. Luckily, John had his two friends Rob and Steven run with him instead.


This year, I also made matching shirts/onesie for John and Cole with a picture of John's father/Cole's grandfather on it from when John was a baby. Both of them wore the shirts to the race.


I'd like to take credit for these pictures but in reality, my friend Lindsey took them, which is why they look so good! Thanks Linds!

2 comments:

Daydreaming, tree hugging human named lindsey said...

oh brother. :) (thx) I'm happy Rob ran with him!

*mar* said...

That's fantastic that there is something (like a 5K) that is in your area to support your cancer cause. I love the shirts! What a wonderful way to remember John's father.