Thursday, October 30, 2008

First Real Bath





Since Cole's umbilical cord didn't fall off until Tuesday, he has only been able to receive sponge baths up to this point. Last night we gave him his first real bath and he loved it! I was ready for a massive meltdown, but as soon as we put him into the tub, he was totally relaxed. He looked like he was just lounging at the beach. Of course, the warm water made him promptly pee everywhere right away! It was hilarious! As you can, see he is getting bigger by the minute. I actually weighed him this morning and he is over 10 lbs already!

Grandma Linda left today after a week's stay. I believe that she loved every minute of it, including while he cries. She will be back at Christmas along with Grandma Laura, so we will have all the grandparents together for Cole's first Christmas! Not that he will have any idea what is going on.

Yesterday, my mom and I took him into visit my office. I was a bit worried that he would be on full meltdown mode, but he surprised me by not only being well-behaved, but he was actually awake during the whole visit! Everyone loved him and couldn't believe how much hair he has in person.

As you can see from the picture, Sammy has fully accepted Cole as a member of the family and likes to snuggle with him and John. I thought that she wouldn't care for him at all, but she has warmed up to him completely. She is always interested in what he's doing.

No comments: