Sunday, August 3, 2008

Bachelorette Party, Baby Shower and Man Shower...






During the last weekend in July, John and I traveled back to Chicago. I went for a two-fold reason: one for my friend Martinique's bachelorette party and also for my baby shower with family and friends.


The bachelorette party was great fun! Martinique got all types of scandalous gifts, which were hilarious. We started off the night at Lou Malnati's for pizza, then moved to a bar in downtown Naperville. We were lucky enough to have a reserved table and we had a great time. Martinique made friends with some weird stuffed crow and he became the life the party. Unfortunately, I was only able to stay out until 12:30 before I had to call it a night, but from what I understand the party continued into the wee hours of the morning.


The next day was my baby shower. It was so nice to see family and friends that I haven't gotten to see in a while. I saw two of my friends, Chrissy and Danielle for the first time in almost two years since Chrissy's wedding! It's amazing how the time flies. We had a lot of fun at the shower and Baby Cole got a lot of great stuff. He got a ton of clothes, so I am sure that he will not be naked for at least the first six months of his life! He got several Cubbie related items, including a "Cubs 101" book, a pacifier and a few outfits, so he is all set for spring training next year and (keep your fingers crossed) the World Series this year. Even though John did not attend the shower ("Guys don't go to showers"), he did send me a gift, which was a beautiful Coach diaper bag. Just because I am going to be a mother, doesn't mean I can't be stylish!


Even though he didn't come to my shower, John did hold a "Man Shower" of his own. This obviously consisted of a Cubs game, beer and his rowdy gaggle of friends. From what I understand, they had a great time, with many beers consumed and some inappropriate remarks shouted.


This last Friday, John and his friends Evan and Shane left for Sturgis, SD for bike week. They will be returning next Friday, 8/8. Stay tuned for pictures from that adventure!

2 comments:

Daydreaming, tree hugging human named lindsey said...

I want to do a baby shower here! I don't know anyone but kristi though. Would you have fun with just her and I? 2 gifts? ha. Maybe we can do a big guy/girl shower like rob and I did so we can all celebrate cole together!

Unknown said...

Hi Laura!! Can't believe how much time has gone by...Cole will be here in like 2 months right!?? Crazy! You look good! Hope you are feeling well! Love the Coach baby bag, tell John he did good! :)