Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sedona

View of the creek from the porch


View of the Sedona red rocks as a storm was rolling in

Cole and I getting ready to take a short walk


John, Cole and I traveled up north to Sedona this weekend to stay in a cabin with our friends, Steve and Kristi. We had so much fun up there. We went up Friday night and stayed until this morning. It was so nice to enjoy the cooler weather and just listen to the sounds of the creek and nature outside of our cabin. Cole had a lot of fun terrorizing Steve and Kristi's Boston Terrier, Monkey. Monkey was not a fan of Cole at all. I don't really blame her because the one time she allowed him to get close to her, he almost poked her eye out.

On Saturday night after Cole went to bed, the four of us busted out the board games. We played Battle of the Sexes, where Kristi and I took on John and Steve. Of course, Kristi and I won because we were able to prove that we are the superior sex. I seriously laughed so hard that I almost peed myself. It was so much fun.

On Sunday morning, John, Cole and I started heading back to Phoenix. We decided to make a spur of the moment stop in Jerome to have lunch, which was great. Apparently, Jerome is a big biker destination, so Cole was fascinated by the all the loud noises of the motorcycles. About an hour from home, we noticed that the a/c in my car wasn't blowing quite as cold as it should have and we realized that the car was overheating! We had to pull over on the side of the road and let it cool off. We drove the rest of the way back home with the windows down and the heat turned on. Not exactly the way that you want to drive through Phoenix when it is 100 degrees outside. Besides the car mishap, we had a great time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi from Hans & Marianne in Stockholm,

It was really nice to visit your homepage after getting the link from David.

Cole really looks lovely, very handsome your little Cole. But little ? we can see already that he has grown.

In the end of december we will go to France, Nice for five months. I will study french. Next september we will go back and continue for another 4 months.

When I quit work 2011 we will spend the winter in France for seven months and the summer in Sweden. This way we think we combine the best of two worlds.

We are like your snowbirds.

Our best regards to all of you
Hans & Marianne