Saturday, June 6, 2009

So long, Leroy...


At our apartment when we first moved to AZ

Leroy loved that we bought him a house with a pool


Typical Leroy, lounging on the bed


Our sweet old dog, Leroy passed away last night. While we did what we could with the Valley Fever treatment, it was quite likely that he also had liver cancer and his body probably just couldn't fight it. He was an awesome dog and we will miss him terribly. Even though my heart hurts for him, I know that he lived a good life and he loved us.

I'm not a religious person at all, but I like to think that Leroy is up in doggie heaven having a great time. I told John this morning that I hoped that God's caterers are ready for Leroy with some steaks, french fries and peanut butter. John said that with all the beer drinking and up-close sniffing of cigarette smoke that he did in college, Leroy probably won't ever leave the Pub in heaven. I think that he's probably right. Leroy was known to "accidently" knock over your beer so that he could lick it up. We always called Leroy the man's man. He loved beer, cigarettes and even stealing my underwear. Leroy was quite a character and there won't ever be another dog like him. So long, old pal!

5 comments:

CubsFan said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. From the way you always talked about him, I know he lived a great life with people who really loved him. Pleas give my best to John and know that you guys are in our thoughts.

CubsFan said...

I'm so sorry guys.

Nikki and Bill Weiland said...

We are so sorry to hear about Leroy. Bill and I are reminiscing about our good times with him. We will miss him too. He had a great life with you guys

Grandma Linda said...

Leroy was my first "granddog" and I will miss him.

The Lobraco Family said...

We are very sorry to hear about Leroy. I still remember the days when he was a pup back at Mike's house, flying around the back yard. You guys are in our thoughts. Love, Jim, Jen, Ethan, and Caitlin.